Tuesday, July 18, 2017

possible opportunity!


POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY!

Hey friends! I am putting "feelers" out there for possibility of connecting with a seamstress who is intereted in a little side gig! 


For the last 11 years I've been sewing canvas bags and pouches from my original paintings. Once upon a time, I was attending a wedding. I was wearing a little black dress and needed a colorful clutch to finish off my outfit. I couldn't find anything I liked in stores so I grabbed one of my paintings from the wall, ripped it off the stretcher bars and sewed it into a clutch. This moment changed my entire creative perspective and my business forever!! I went on to write a book about remixing canvas, I taught classes on "redefining" your art and I made and sold thousands of handmade canvas bags both retail and wholesale.


A few years ago I had to scale back on making bags and only release them in small batches throughout the year. But now I am looking at offering bags more often and in higher quantities. So I am looking for the possibility of hiring a seamstress. This is a little outside my comfort zone because I've been the doing all the sewing but I know in my gut it's time to look for help! I don't have all the details ironed out but I wanted to at least throw this out to you guys! In my dreams I would love to connect with someone in Pacific Northwest who is looking to make a little extra money sewing crazy canvas bags! 

Hit me up at alisaburke@gmail.com for more information!

1 comment:

Rita Montgomery said...

Would love this gig, but I'm not quite close enough to you. I'm in the SF Bay Area. Your "sew" book got me started making grungy graffiti zipper pouches and I love them. Take care. ~~rita

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails